Presenting a Friday Night Forum
Do you want to present a Friday Night Forum at New Visions Books & Gifts? Call us at (717) 843-8067 and let’s talk about it!
Since 1996, Friday Night Forums have been an important part of the work we do here at New Visions Books & Gifts. They provide a time and place where like-minds and like-hearts can consistently come together to learn, to laugh and to love in a supportive environment. Not only do forums expose holistic/metaphysical practitioners and teachers to the right audience, they provide attendees an opportunity to build relationships with them. Friendships have been forged and a holistic community has been built around the forums.
The average attendance is around 30-50 people. There is no age restriction, all are welcome. Attendees are suppose to call and reserve seats, but not everyone does, so please be flexible.
If you have never presented anywhere before, the forums are a great way to “get your feet wet.” The people who attend the forums are most gracious, forgiving, welcoming and non-judgmental. If you’ve never presented a forum, if it is at all possible, come and attend a forum beforehand to get a feel for what we do and what kind of crowd to expect.
People who present the forums are not paid for their presentations. The minimal cost of $5.00 for the forums goes to New Visions for expenses. The goodwill that is created by the forums can have long lasting effects for the presenter. Payment can come in the form of future clients and students for the presenter. Forums are a win-win-win for everyone involved.
If you are interested in presenting a Friday Night Forum, please call Bill Trivett to discuss the possibilities. You can also download this forum proposal form and mail, fax or bring it into New Visions.
Tips for Friday Night Forum Presenters:
- In the weeks before your forum, please share it with your sphere of influence. Let your students and clients know you will be presenting a forum at New Visions. Website announcements, emails and Facebook posts are great ways to spread the good news. We will certainly do our part to promote your forum.
- Forums begin 7pm right after opening remarks with Bill.
- Forums end at 8:15pm, or 8:30pm at the latest.
- Feel free to talk about your business or practice. Let people know how they can stay in touch with you. Have a sign-up sheet for mailing or email addresses. Make sure you have plenty of business cards, brochures or flyers to hand out.
- Feel free to recommend books or resources that may interest attendees.
- After the forum, encourage people to come up and meet you and entertain their questions. Also encourage them to shop afterwards. The store is open before, during and after the forum.
- And, of course, HAVE FUN!
Thank you for considering us as a place to share your knowledge and network your talents!
Bill Trivett, Director of Programs at New Visions